Josh Strickland…Holly Madison’s Boy Wonder!!!
We first enjoyed watching Josh Strickland on Holly Madison’s reality show Holly’s World on E! because he was so damn adorable. But then the episode aired introducing Josh to his birth mother and an entirely new appreciation for this young, talented man began. From deep within those tantalizing eyes tears flooded for a history he had yearned for all of his life. Even more endearing was his concern for his adoptive parents, who he truly considered his mom and dad. Not only was Josh the male lead in Holly Madison’s Las Vegas show Peepshow, as well as a cast member on her reality show Holly’s World, but he was also genuine, sincere and compassionate; traits not often found in our present state of reality show representation. Quite literally his humanitarian talents, combined with his growing singing career, having already been Tarzan on Broadway and on the 2nd season of American Idol, made him completely approachable yet mysteriously intriguing at the same time. In February his first single, Report to the Floor, was released and within one week found itself at the top of the iTunes dance chart. Definitely on the rise, we had to find out a little bit more about this boy wonder who could tearfully pull emotion from you one second while sensually stealing your heart the next.
1. Introduce us to Josh Strickland. Who are you behind all the glitz and glam?
I am me. I love just hanging out and having fun with friends and family.
2. You’re an actor, singer, Broadway star, Peepshow star. Do you have any other hidden talents?
I like to think I can dance.(Laughs)
3. Thanks to Holly’s World we have been able to connect with you and your story. How does it feel to watch those heart touching episodes and what is the message you’re wanting to send?
It was definitely hard to see but I really wanted to do this for myself and if someone connects, that’s awesome. I just wanted to share my story.
4. Is there anything you wish had been portrayed differently and how real is reality television?
It was tough at first but it got easier and fun.
5. Tell us two things about Holly that the world doesn’t already know?
She is the smartest and most giving person I have ever met.
6. If you could only listen to three CD’s for the rest of your life and they couldn’t be mixed, what would they be?
Adele 21, Mariah Carey Greatest Hits, Frank Sinatra Greatest Hits.
7. What are some things we don’t get to see that are typical when filming Holly’s World?
Me sleeping (laughs)and going to see movies.
8. Let’s play a game! Out of these three who would you Marry, Kill, Fuck?
Marry: Holly Madison
Kill: Hugh Hefner
Fuck: Carrot Top
Really? Well for one I wouldn’t kill any one so…Holly I would marry. Hef, well I think he would just die of natural causes and well I guess I would just have to mess around with Carrot Top. (laughs)
9. Of your co-stars in Holly’s World who are you closest with and why?
Holly. I think because I spend the most time with her, and we have a lot in common.
10. Your new single, Last Dance, just came out on iTunes. What is this song about?
About the end of the night and enjoying that last dance.
11. We just got married in Vegas in August. What are your recommendations for “must do” things in Vegas that most tourists don’t know about?
Well I would have to tell you to get Holly’s book “The Showgirl Next Door” because it has the BEST of the best.
12. What are three secrets about American Idol you wouldn’t know unless you were on the show?
Hmmm…I think it’s very producer driven. The songs are very limited to sing. It was the greatest experience.
13. Tell us about your role in Peepshow and what is your favorite part about it?
I am the male lead of the show. I sing pretty much throughout all the numbers and show Bo (Holly) through her sexual journey.
14. If you had your very own Vegas show, what would it be called and what would it be about?
I think it would just be a combination of a ton of songs past and present with a killer orchestra and dance.
15. How do you define sexy?
SEXY is confidence.
16. What is the sexiest city in the world? Sexiest hotel? Sexiest beach?
Sexiest city that I’ve visited is NYC. Sexiest Hotel is Gansevoort in NYC. Sexiest beach is pretty much any in Mexico but I want to go to Ibiza.
17. The It Gets Better Project is huge right now and you have a video on YouTube with Holly Madison. Why was it important for you to be part of this project and what message would you like to send out about bullying?
I was bullied as a kid and so it was important to be a part of something that sends a message to kids, that everyone may be different and everyone has their own opinions but to wish everyone nothing but the best, and positivity.
18. Are you in a relationship or single? How would you define your perfect half?
I’m taken. He makes me a better person and I love him with all of my heart and want us to marry someday.
19. What are three things we wouldn’t know by looking at you?
Self-conscious, Homebody, love electronics and cars.
Be Yourself. Be Fearless. Be Your Own Unexpected Luxury.
For more information visit his website HERE!
*Photographs courtesy of Joshua Strickland.
WARNING: We allow 100 words or less of content per interview to be taken, with a link to our original interview, and used without our authorization. Content larger than 100 words or copying our entire interview without our authorization to be used in ANY manner will result in our taking legal action per copyright infringement.
- Blog (4)
- DJ Raannt (155)
- Funniest Video of the Day (6)
- Gossip (58)
- INDY (27)
- Interviews (80)
- Look of Yesterday and Today (2)
- Love Doctors (4)
- Luxe (7)
- Out Of Our Closet Today (13)
- Places (1)
- Raannt Rewind (26)
- Raannt TV (11)
- Reviews (19)
- So Gay (42)
- Style (97)
- THE #SocialMedia List (4)
- The Art of TEE (3)
- The Sexy List (12)
- Uncategorized (147)
- Would You Rather (2)
- YouTube Sensations (15)